I’m not in a good mood today (tired and PMS) so I guess it is fitting that my mood has matched my day.
1. Yesterday I worked out hard at the YMCA. Today my legs feel like tree trunks, and I’m walking with a John Wayne-esque swagger.
2. 6-inch decided to wake up at 4:00 am instead of his usual 7:00 am.
3. Why is his waking early a big problem? Because I take medication at bedtime for sleep, and being half-awake at 4:00 am led to me bumping into walls, tripping over my own feet, initially making him a bottle of warm buttermilk instead of whole milk, and sitting down to pee while still wearing my panties. I take my medication at a certain time at night so that I’m up and moving when he wakes at his normal time. He NEVER wakes in the middle of the night.
4. I brewed coffee this morning, and with my eyelids at half mast I added to my coffee what I thought was 2 inches of Lactaid milk. It was in fact lemonade flavored Crystal Light.
5. I sliced two pounds of fresh okra and put it to boil. I forgot about it, and when it reached a vigorous boil it overflowed. There is nothing nastier than the smell of burned okra slime on a hot stove.
6. I went to pick up Footlong from school, and as I got out of the car to go claim him I realized I was wearing two different flip-flops; one was a platform flop, the other was flat. I was walking with a shoe-induced limp.
7. I had a salad for lunch, and instead of reaching for and sprinkling black pepper I covered my salad in garlic powder.
John will be home in 4 hours. Until then I am not touching either child, handling anything in the kitchen, driving a car, or anything else if I can help it.